Santiago's present-day Food Market was built in 1941. The previous City Market, which was demolished in 1937 to make way for the current building, was the first permanent structure housing the different markets that existed in Compostela at that time.
The Market, which has been functioning for the last three centuries, is now one of Santiago's leading establishments as regards the sale of fresh produce.
Content not available in English. Sorry for the inconvenience