18th c. Neoclassical.
This very simple church was designed by Miguel Ferro Caaveiro, modified by Ventura Rodríguez and completed in 1784. The construction work was financed by the alms of the devotees of the souls in Purgatory. The most outstanding feature of the neoclassical façade is the immense Ionic columns supporting the large pediment. In the centre there is a bas-relief depicting the souls burning in the fire of Purgatory and, above, two angels worshiping the cross. The nave has a hall ground plan with chapels at the side. The altarpieces by Prado Mariño stand out inside.
Church with regular worship.
VISITABLE. Open: every day, 8:45 am-13:00 pm. Visitable collection open during the same time. || Mass: every day, hourly from 9 am to 12 noon.