17th c. Baroque
The Church of San Agustín is located in the square of the same name. It was built in the mid-17th century with money that the Count of Altamira donated to the Order of the Calced Augustinians. The church and cloister were designed by Fernández Lechuga. The neoclassical façade contains an image of Our Lady of the Wall. The original project included two towers, the one on the right was never completed and the one on the left was destroyed by lightning in 1788. The convent was abandoned during the period of secularisation and thereafter dedicated to different uses. It is now occupied by the Jesuits.
University hall of residence. Church with regular worship.
VISITABLE CHURCH. Open: every day, 9.30 am-1.00 pm and 6.15-8 pm. || WORSHIP. Mass: working days, 10 am, 12 noon, 7 pm; Saturday and eve of feasts, 7 pm; Sunday and feast days, 10 am, 12 noon, 1 and 7 pm. Rosary every day, 6.30 pm.