Google+ print cuaderno de viaje

17th c. Baroque

Its origin as a convent goes back to the 13th century, although its present-day structure is the result of a baroque reconstruction that was completed in the 17th century by Pedro Arén.

It has a peculiar curtain-façade, a clear example of Compostela's baroque style, designed by Simón Rodríguez in the 18th century, which hides, at the back of a small garden, the real, simpler façade that leads to the church.

It houses an altarpiece by Domingo de Andrade from 1700 and several churrigueresque altars.

Image gallery

Convent of Santa Clara Convento de Santa Clara Convento de Santa Clara Convento de Santa Clara Convento de Santa Clara Convento de Santa Clara

More information

Location
Rúa de San Roque, Santiago de Compostela, 15704
Present use

Enclosed convent (included in guided tour of enclosed convents).

Telephone
981 583 888
Observations

VISITABLE CHURCH before and after masses || WORSHIP. Convent mass: every day, 7 pm. || ROSARY, every day, 6.30 pm || REVOLVING WINDOW HOURS: 9.30 am-12.30 pm and 4.30-6.00 pm.

 

 

If you detect any errors in this web, please notify ot@santiagoturismo.com