It was built between 1747 and 1753 by Clemente Fernández Sarela. The most outstanding feature of the building's exterior is the façade decoration around the main door, formed by plaques, scrolls and cylinders, Jacobean symbols and pinnacles, all of considerable robustness. A spacious vestibule and an elegant stairway stand out inside. The abundant decoration joins the door and the balcony above it, which seems to project above the street. It belonged to Doña Xoana de Ulloa, a member of one of Galicia's most noble lineages, and was used to house bishops visiting Compostela. It was later used by one of the cathedral deans and presently houses the Pilgrims' Office.