DUE TO THE SANITARY EMERGENCY, THE CATHEDRAL OF SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA WILL REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL FUTURE NOTICE.
In 2020, due to restoration works, the free interior visit is limited to the High Altar, the alcove to embrace the saint, the Apostle's tomb in the mausoleum and the Corticela chapel.
Rooftops remain closed for restoration in 2020.
The museum and Pazo de Xelmírez can be normally visited.
Open: 365 days a year.
From 9.00 am to 8.00 pm.
Sacristy: Tel: (+34) 981 583 548
Prizes: Free for individual visitors, except Museum area (Cloister, Chapel of Relics, Chapter House, Royal Pantheon and Treasury), rooftops, excavations and Pazo de Xelmírez.
Groups: Groups must book in advance at www.catedraldesantiago.es or calling 902 044 077. Please notice the guided visit conditions.
Entrance: Praza de Praterías (Temple, Masses, ritual embrace, Sepulcre), Praza do Obradoiro - Staircase (Porch of Glory), Praza do Obradoiro - Museum (permanent colection, guided visits, rooftops).
Visiting the Cathedral, collections, rooftops, Pazo de Xelmírez, archaelogical excavations and tribune.
Information and booking:
Tel: (+34) 902 044 077
Itineraries, opening hours and prices: Consult combined tours.
Groups: Reservation is required on www.catedraldesantiago.es or 881 557 945
Visiting the Porch of Glory (Pórtico de la Gloria): Information here.
Other guided visit types: Information here.
Regulations for groups with their own guide visiting Santiago Cathedral:
- Payment of advanced tickets by means of web system.
- If there is availability, tickets can be collected at the Cathedral Visitor Reception Centre without prior booking, with a charge of € 1 in addition to the RRP.
- Maximum group: 50 people.
- Visiting time available for groups inside the Cathedral: from 1 to 7 pm. The visit can begin beforehand in the Cathedral Museum.
- Strict fulfilment of Cathedral visiting times, accesses and itineraries. Failure to comply with this point will result in foregoing the visit without any refund.
- The group should report to the reception desk at least 20 minutes before the time booked for accessing the Cathedral.
- Access via the Visitor Reception Centre (Crypt of the “Pórtico de la Gloria”). The visit will begin in the Cathedral Museum and from there the group can enter the Cathedral at the stipulated time.
- Compulsory use of group guiding system (available in the Visitor Reception Centre and included in the ticket price). The use of private devices will be allowed as long as they do not interfere with the Cathedral’s.
- Maximum time for visiting the interior of the Cathedral: 45 minutes.
- Exit the Cathedral via the shop of the “Pórtico Real” or via “Pazo de Xelmírez.”
- After the visit, the group has 30 minutes to return the guiding system in the Crypt of the “Pórtico.”
- The Cathedral reserves the right to modify visiting times and temporarily close certain areas.
- Please follow the instructions of the Cathedral and security personnel at all times.
- During the visit, you are allowed to take photos without using flash for your own personal use.
- You should show maximum respect as regards your behaviour, clothing, etc.
Visiting the Cathedral