17th c. Baroque
In the street Rúa das Orfas we can see the church and school of the same name. Archbishop Juan de Sanclemente founded this building at the end of the 16th century. It was later modified by Domingo de Andrade and Fernando de Casas y Novoa. The church was built by Melchor Velasco in 1671. The altarpiece of the high altar, made by Francisco de Lens, contains a Blessed Virgin by Gambino, between St. Joseph and St. James. It presently houses a school.