This classicist baroque church consists of a single nave with a rectangular ground plan, gabled roof and circular lantern in the centre. It was erected between 1760 and 1773 on the site of a small chapel. The original plans were drawn up by the architect Lucas Ferro Caaveiro, although the influence of Compostela’s baroque style was lost during construction, resulting in a building featuring a marked rural character. Baltasar Ferreiro added a new presbytery in 1867, with the original one being converted into a transept.
The granite masonry façade consists of three vertical sections, framed by pilasters, and three horizontal ones: the first featuring a porch with a lintel; the second, a niche bordered by columns and crowned by a semi-circular arch, which houses an image of Our Lady of Mount Carmel; and at the top, a coat of arms framed by a semi-circular pediment. The church is crowned by a belfry-tower, with a square ground plan, which is decorated and topped by pinnacles and volutes.
On the inside, the baroque main altar reflects the style of Miguel Ferro Caaveiro.