estado do tempo
Today is sunday 7 february, it is 5ºC and partly cloudy in Santiago
  • galego
  • español
  • english

Brotherhood of 'Nuestro Padre Jesús Flagelado'

This brotherhood is in charge of the procession of 'Jesús Flagelado'

Year of Foundation
Founded in 1953

Its origin goes back to the Marian Congregation of San Luis de Gonzaga in the church of San Agustín, run by father Villamil; the association was made up of young university students at that time.
Its first president was José Besada Varela, who gathered 26 founding members that participated in the 1953 procession.
The brotherhood now has 350 members that participate in the evening of Holy Thursday.

Home-Starting point
Church of San Agustín

Praza de San Agustín - Cantón de San Bieito- Praza de Cervantes - Rúa Algalia de Arriba - Praza de San Miguel dos Agros - Abril Ares - Campás de San Xoán - Acibechería - Tras San Paio de Antealtares - Conga - Preguntoiro - Caldeirería - Orfas - Toural - Rúa do Vilar - Xelmírez - Conga - Preguntoiro - Praza de Cervantes - Cantón de San Bieito - Praza de San Agustín

To Be Taken Into Account...
It is a penitential procession featuring crosses and chains.
Its members wear a black habit with sky-blue hood, wristbands and chord.
The image of “Nuestro Padre Jesús Flagelado” was sculpted by Diego de Sande in the first third of the 18th Century.
The Baroque-style float used in the procession was made in 1953 by the carpenter Pose.

How much did you like this entry?
Share it on: