Obra Pía de San Antón, a baroque “pazo” (country manor) with a chapel from the 17th century, was founded in 1671 by the Melide archbishop Mateo Segade Bugeiro, on a plot with a house that belonged to his family. Originally intended for educational purposes, it is also known as A Colexiata. It has housed the town council since 1960.
The design of the baroque chapel’s façade is attributed to Domingo de Andrade, the most famous Galician architect of that time.
Located beside the church of San Antón.
CHURCH OF SAN ANTÓN: