Congresses and incentive trips
By continuing to combine tradition and modernity, the Galician capital has established new infrastructures to meet the needs of specialised tourism, especially the congress sector. And this led to the creation of the municipal organism called Santiago de Compostela Convention Bureau in the year 2000.
Santiago de Compostela Convention Bureau (SCCB) has the objective of attracting and channelling the city’s congress tourism. This entity is coordinated by Santiago City Council, by means of the municipal company Santiago Tourism (Incolsa), and consists of public organisms and private companies. It currently has more than 50 partners.
SCCB provides the following services and facilities free of charge:
- promoting the city as the venue of congresses and professional meetings
- promoting the use and development of the city’s tourist infrastructure and specialised services in the congress field
- advising tourist operators, fair organisers, professional associations, businesses, university departments, etc, about everything related to meetings and congresses (itineraries, accommodation, venues, resources, supplementary services)
- supporting candidacies and official presentations of the destination: organisation of inspection visits, fam-trips and press-trips
- obtaining permits for the use of the council’s historic and monumental buildings or for special uses of public spaces
- informing about the calendar of festivals and similar events during the time the meeting is held
- providing brochures and information about Santiago
- establishing collaboration agreements with institutions and business organisations
- it is a member of the main national and international organisations (Spain Convention Bureau, Green Spain, Association of World Heritage Cities...)
Santiago de Compostela Convention Bureau