Pazo de San Lorenzo de Trasouto is a singular building, which was built in 1216 and is located near the monumental quarter. It is surrounded by a 50,000-square-metre walled estate housing woodland and magnificent gardens. It combines extraordinary historical value and the traditional charm of Galician “pazos” (ancestral homes). The entire complex has been declared a site of artistic and cultural interest.
The Pazo was fitted out for holding lunches, conventions, congresses and business presentations in 1993. And more recently, in 2002, a major transformation was undertaken, incorporating its own cuisine of modern inspiration –high quality and based on Galicia’s traditional produce.
It has two old halls where banquets or meetings can be held. The 17th-century cloister, enclosed and heated, features box hedges forming allegorical patterns from that same period; it is an ideal place for serving meals, aperitifs, business coffees or holding business presentations. The church, with its magnificent Italian altarpiece from the 16th century, made of Carrara marble, is an excellent place for holding classical, ancient or baroque music concerts.
It provides professional advice and supplies the necessary technical equipment for any sophisticated convention.
The Pazo only opens for arranged events, being for the owners’ private use the rest of the time.
|Halls||Capacity||Capacity for joining rooms||Cuisine||Languages|
|2 + cloister||500 banquet / 700-800 buffet||Yes||Elaborate traditional||English|
|Car Park / Capacity||Air-Contitioning||Private Rooms||Capacity Private Rooms||Would close to attend to Congress|