Participants first of all go shopping to the traditional “Mercado de Abastos” (Food Market), accompanied by the chef with whom they will cook the products in the workshop. At the end, they sample the dishes they have made.
The cooks/tutors of this original gastronomy workshop are among the most renowned Galician chefs. In previous editions they have taken part:
- IAGO CASTRILLÓN (Restaurante Acio – Winner of the 1st, 2nd & 3rd Santiago de Compostela Tapas Competition “Santiago(é)tapas”)
– BEATRIZ SOTELO (Restaurante A Estación, Cambre - Best Cook of the Year 2008)
– MARCELO TEJEDOR (Restaurante Casa Marcelo – 1 Michelin star)
– PEPE SOLLA (Restaurante Casa Solla, Poio - 1 Michelin star)
– PEDRO ROCA (Restaurante Arrocería Mediterráneo | Restaurante Pedro Roca)
- FLAVIO MORGANTI (Restaurante Galileo, Pereiro de Aguiar - Ourense)
Available for groups on request. Recommended dates and times : Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays (Old Market best days), from 10 am till 2 pm.
Spanish and Galician (other languages on request, subject to availability)
Turismo de Santiago
All the informations here included were facilitated by the provider of the accommodation/ service. Turismo de Santiago is not responsible for them.